Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 15... soap and fire


So, yesterday's soap was an experiment that I am going to revisit because I got some really cool results that didn't quite get to the "coolness" point that I was striving toward. I took some orange dish soap and squirted it into a bowl going round and round while my strobe light was flashing. That stream you see is just one part of a bigger picture that wasn't all that clear. It has all those bubbles because the bottle was almost empty. I boosted the orange a bit and dodged and burned to bring out the detail.
Today's soap is a candle floating in the bowl of soap from yesterday. For some interest I poured a little blue soap around the flame.

6 comments:

  1. I like the color in this one, nice warm colors go well with the theme of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the description of yesterday's photo. You are so creative! And today's too! I'd never think of so many things to do with soap, and I look forward each day to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for the description of yesterday's photo, i would never have guessed. Today image is also very creative and feel nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first galnce it looks like an egg yolk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you hade made a candle out of soap :D

    ReplyDelete